RTMaps activation issue (another matching .lic file exists)

Hi, I’m currently working on my master thesis and I’ve got a license for students. However I can’t activate RTMaps. The workstation I’m working on was previously used by someone else that also used RTMaps. According to the error message there is a problem if another .lic file exists that matches the computer ID with an expired maintanance date. I already deleted all application files and installed RTMaps again, but the error still exists. How can I fix this issue?

Hi Niklas,

Could you tell me the file path where your RTMaps license is currently located?

Best regard,
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

the .lic file is located in C:\Program Files\Intempora\RTMaps 4\license.

Best regards,
Niklas

Hi Niklas,

First, make sure there are no other license files in that folder. If that is already the case, then it is likely that whoever else used the system before you stored their license file at %USERPROFILE%\RTMaps-4.0\ (e.g. C:\Users<User Name>\RTMaps-4.0). This would have to be removed.

There was another license file in that folder, but I have already removed it. I have also deleted RTMaps entirely and reinstalled it. Today, I contacted the previous user of the workstation, and he checked if he still had a copy of the license file under his user profile, but there is no copy.

Hello,

We can ask for additional logs like this.
On Windows, use a terminal to launch

set RLM_DIAGNOSTICS=C:\tmp\my_license_log.log
"C:\Program Files\Intempora\RTMaps 4\bin\RTMaps.exe"

Of course, please specify a path that suits you.

On linux:

sudo RLM_DIAGNOSTICS=/home/user/license.log /opt/rtmaps/bin/rtmaps

This should fill the log and report what’s wrong, hopefully. :slight_smile: